- CT GOP gubernatorial candidates fell in line with CT Republican elected officials’ political hero Mitch McConnell. Republicans continue to disregard the norms of Connecticut by politicizing the judicial branch.
- Republican gubernatorial candidates cannot make the claim that they are moderate Republicans. If elected Governor, they would govern in lockstep with the rest of the GOP and cater to President Trump’s right wing agenda.
- Republican candidates have already remained silent on one of the largest national protests in the country, but it’s clear that the message voters were sending hasn’t sunk in with Republicans.
- While Democrats are speaking with voters and advocates, Republicans remain silent on an issue where 97% of Americans are in agreement.
- Yesterday was Equal Pay Day, and from our Governor to our congressional delegation to our state legislators, we’re proud of the Democrats who are fighting to make sure it doesn’t take 170 years to close the wage gap.
- And much like the Republican response to March for Our Lives, Republican candidates across the state were silent on the issue of equal pay yesterday.
- Equal pay for equal work shouldn’t be a partisan issue, but since Trump was tweeting about his attorney’s office being raided and not equal pay they had no point of reference for a position to take on the issue.
Video of the Week
Republicans in the legislature had some interesting things to say about bump stocks at last week’s judicial hearing. Watch here.